Beyond what is visible to the naked eye, lies many contributing factors that make up healthy, glowing skin. Apart from how you look and feel on the outside, how else can you determine if the moisturizer sitting on your vanity is providing sufficient hydration to your skin? Does the highly-raved laser treatment really help to erase that stubborn patch on your cheek as promised? What if we told you that you can prevent a new wrinkle or sun spot from forming before it even shows up?
OSCAR makes it all possible with three simple steps:
- Takes 3 facial images under different light settings
- Performs a thorough analysis to pick up existing and potential issues that your skin may be struggling with
- Together with your beauty consultant, reveals what you have been doing well with your skin, what can be improved on, and what are the preventive measures you can take to slow down the common effects of aging.
What is it?
OSCAR (short for Overall Skin Condition Analysis Review) is a digital skin analysing system that screens for one’s overall skin health and picks up underlying issues that are invisible to the naked eye. From detecting the presence of acne-causing bacteria on the skin’s surface, to revealing pigments deep within the skin layers that have yet to even show up, OSCAR is a value-added service provided by IYAC to measure and monitor your skin quality and its improvement as you embark on your skin journey with us.
How does it work?
Using three different lightings (RGB, Ultraviolet and Polarized), OSCAR captures your facial images and analyses the ten skin qualities indicative of different aspects of your skin health. Each skin quality is given a score, and thereafter, compared against statistics from people of your age group. At the end of the analysis, OSCAR reveals your skin age and overall score – a measure of how well you are taking care of your skin, and what you should focus on to see the biggest improvement in how your skin looks and feels.
What does it measure?
- Pores: Pore size, pore quality (dry/clogged)
- Spots: Brown or red marks that are visible to the naked eye (e.g. Melasma, sun spots, broken capillaries, cherry angiomas)
- Wrinkles: Fine lines, creases and wrinkles caused by movement, dehydrated and aging skin
- Texture: Indicative of skin’s hydration, collagen & elastin levels
- Porphyrin: Acne-causing bacteria present on skin surface
- Pigmentation: Pigment spots caused by sun damage
- Moisture: Moisture levels of the skin
- Sensitive Areas: Areas of skin sensitivity, where skin barrier may be weaker
- Brown Areas: Pigment spots at deeper levels of the skin that may not be visible to the naked eye
- UV Damage: Measures the skin’s cumulative damage from one’s life-time UV exposure
What can I expect during the procedure?
Your face will first be gently cleansed to remove traces of any skincare product and make-up. You will be guided to comfortably position your face on the chin rest of OSCAR before all lights in the room are turned off. Once you are in position with your eyes closed, OSCAR captures three facial images under three different light settings. This process is quick and fuss-free, with zero associated discomfort or downtime.
OSCAR thereafter generates a report of your skin’s score based on the ten skin qualities, how you fare amongst others of your age range, as well as your skin age. Your beauty consultant will go through the report with you in detail, identifying the top three skin qualities that needs improvement, and provide adequate advice to guide you along in your skin journey.
Scheduling an OSCAR session regularly is akin to having your annual health checks done. Knowing exactly what your weaker scores are allows you to take on a targeted approach in making lifestyle and skincare tweaks. With improvements (or “de-provements”) this measurable, you’ll find yourself looking forward to the next OSCAR to see how you’ve fared over the last couple of months.
click here to know more about Digital Skin Analysis
Keen to embark on your OSCAR journey? Call us at 6738 9929 to schedule an appointment today.